We engage in a broad range of research activities that ultimately lead to:
- An increase in survival for seriously ill patients
- An improvement in the quality of life of seriously ill patients and the satisfaction with care of their families.
- For those at the end of life, an improvement in the quality of their experience and that of their families.
- Increased efficiency in our health care system.
- Increased clinical research capacity of our institution and of our partners.
We see ourselves conducting innovative, cutting-edge scientific clinical research that has a high impact on the health outcomes of the patients we study and along the way; we are building a sustainable research infrastructure.
Quality Work: We aim for excellence as judged by ourselves, our peers, sponsors, and other partners across the world.
Honesty, integrity and ethical behavior: We honor the position of trust we hold and will work in a fashion consistent with the standards of good clinical practice and be respectful of others.
Innovation: We are open-minded to new ideas, projects and approaches.
Team Work: We value and respect our relationships with each other and strive to work together, helping each other accomplish our goals where necessary. We want to maintain a positive balance in our emotional bank account with one another.
A Collaborative, Multidisciplinary Environment: We value the support and interaction with our colleagues from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds.
Continuing Education of Staff: We provide the means by which our staff can continually renew themselves, improving their skills and knowledge.
Training New Clinical Scientists and Researchers: We provide an environment and infrastructure whereby we can nurture new investigators.